Testing Windows for the 2014 Smarter Balanced Field Test, by County
Schools in California have been assigned one of four specific windows in which to administer the computer-based Smarter Balanced Field Test (FT) content area tests. Assignments by county are now available; open or download your county's list to see assignments for the schools in your local educational agency (LEA).
The 2014 testing windows are as follows:
|Window 1:||March 18–April 4, 2014|
|Window 2:||April 7–April 25, 2014|
|Window 3:||April 28–May 16, 2014|
|Window 4:||May 19–June 6, 2014|
As a reminder, the Field Test is to be administered in accordance with the following student participation expectations:
- For grades 3 through 8, all students will participate.
- For grades 9 and 10, only students in schools selected for a scientific sample will participate.
- For grade 11, only students selected for the scientific sample are expected to participate, but all students beyond the scientific sample are encouraged to participate. Please note that AB 484 requires that all grade 11 students, including those who participate in the Field Test, have the option to participate in the Early Assessment Program.
The only students exempt from participating in the spring 2014 Field Test are:
- students who will participate in the California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA); and
- for the English–language arts field test only, English learners who have been attending school in the United States for less than 12 months.
Please contact your California TAC representative if you wish to discuss the FT windows assigned to schools in your LEA.
LEA Field Test Window Assignment Lists
County lists are sorted alphabetically by LEA and then by school. Please note: Grades 9, 10, and 11 sampling assignments will be distributed directly to LEA testing coordinators by e-mail no later than November 25, 2013.